Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Print Hunt

After searching for a printer for the last 10 days, I think I'm starting to get a sense of my options.
I have looked at 5 estimates/samples and I think that printing out of the US is going to be the best bet.
China,and India so far are the front runners with the right combination of price and quality.
The final book will be at least 12"x12"and could end up larger depending upon the cost. A slip case is also a serious consideration.
The quality of the photographic reproduction is the most critical aspect of the project. Since technology changes so rapidly these days I have been actively searching to find the latest and greatest printing processes.
I'm still awaiting several estimates but it starting to look like $10,000 will cover the cost of printing 500
high quality large format slip cased books.
I'm close to having my KickStarter page up and running. Shot the video this week, more on that in my next post.

Mark

No comments: